Sweet Creations Recipe - Holiday Drink Ideas
With less than 2 weeks until Christmas, we are all soaking up the holiday spirit. We're neck-deep in Christmas preparations here and, as odd as it may seem, we have ice cream on the brain!
We aren't talking about your everyday ice cream here, although there is nothing wrong with a dish of chocolate ice cream in December in our book. We're talking seasonal flavors that feed your holiday cravings, added into hot drinks to bring the best of both worlds!
Here are some ideas for unique drinks to share at your Christmas party, or just sip by the fire!
Hot Butterscotched Rum
For butter mixture:
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ⅔ cups dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Allspice
For each drink:
- 2 tablespoons butter mixture
- 2 oz spiced rum
- ⅔ cup hot water
- Aglamesis Bro's Butterscotch ice cream
- Whipped cream
- cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In a large bowl, blend butter, sugar, honey, and spices until well-mixed.
- Scoop 2 spoonfuls of the butter mixture into a heat-safe mug.
- Add rum and hot water and mix well.
- Carefully add a scoop of Butterscotch ice cream on top.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- ¼ cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 2 scoops Aglamesis Bro's Cinnamon ice cream
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Place two scoops of Cinnamon ice cream into a dish or mug.
- Pour hot coffee over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Your Favorite Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 cup milk
- Aglamesis Bro's Peppermint Stick ice cream
- 1 Doscher's Candy Cane
- Whipped cream
- Crush the Doscher's Candy Cane into small chunks and dust. Set aside.
- Heat milk in a microwave-safe mug.
- Add Hot Chocolate Mix and ½ teaspoon of crushed candy cane to the milk. Stir until incorporated.
- Add 1 scoop of Aglamesis Bro's Peppermint Stick ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with crushed candy cane.