Sweet Creations Recipe - Chocolate Frozen Bananas
August. Full of hot days, back to school prep, and savoring the last of summer days. The perfect treat for August is fruity, delicious, cooling, and easy to make: Chocolate Frozen Bananas!
These treats take just a tiny bit of prep, and then they can be enjoyed any time for days afterwards. Perfect for barbecues, parties, after school snacks, or just a fun treat to make with the family!
Chocolate Frozen Bananas - Base Recipe
Ingredients & Supplies (makes 10 Chocolate Frozen Bananas):
- 5 Bananas
- 10 popsicle sticks
- 1 lb of Aglamesis Bro’s Milk or Dark Chocolate Chunks ( or a mix, if you want some of both)
- ½ lb Aglamesis Bro’s Toffee Chips, roughly chopped
- Rainbow Sprills
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Aglamesis Caramel or Marshmallow Sauce
- Roasted Pecans, roughly chopped
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or a reusable silicone baking liner and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each banana in half widthwise, then peel from the cut; This will help prevent any accidental breaking of the banana while peeling.
- Once peeled, carefully push a popsicle stick into the cut side of each banana half. Be sure to push the popsicle stick at least halfway into the banana. (Tip: if you’re having trouble keeping the bananas on, try dipping the popsicle stick halfway into a bit of melted chocolate before inserting).
- Carefully melt your chocolate: Use a double boiler, or put all chunks into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, mixing thoroughly each time.
- Dip each banana into the chocolate, then lay carefully on the lined baking sheet and sprinkle on any toppings you’re using (this is a good job if you have a young child helping you!). Repeat until all bananas have been dipped.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer and let freeze until hard, 2-4 hours. At this point you can enjoy the bananas right away, or put them in an airtight container to keep them for 3-5 days.
Some Ideas for Toppings:
- Once the bananas are on popsicle sticks, dip each into a jar of Aglamesis Bro’s Caramel Sauce.
- Place on the lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour (some of the caramel will run off, that’s natural).
- Remove from the freezer and dip each banana in melted milk or dark chocolate. Return to the baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with toasted pecans (you must do it immediately or the chocolate will set too quickly).
- Return to the freezer for 2-4 hours.
- Fill a shallow dish with roughly chopped Aglamesis Bro’s Toffee Chips.
- Follow steps 1-5 from the Base Recipe above.
- After dipping a banana in chocolate, roll the banana in the Toffee Chips, pressing the Chips in with your hand to coat entirely.
- Let freeze for 2-4 hours.
- Follow steps 1-3 from the Base Recipe above.
- Place bananas in the freezer for 1 hour BEFORE putting any chocolate or toppings on.
- Remove bananas from the freezer and dip each in AGlamesis Bro's Marshmallow Sauce. Place on a lined baking sheet, then return to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler in your oven on high for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove bananas from the freezer and immediately put them in the oven on the highest rack.
- Leave in the oven until the marshmallow begins to toast on top. Watch carefully! The marshmallow can go from golden to burnt in a few seconds.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Drizzle the bananas with chocolate and sprinkle crushed graham crackers on top.
- You can enjoy these now as Brûlèed bananas, or freeze for 2-4 hours for a cooling treat!