Sweet Creations Recipe - Caramel Apple Crisp
The holiday season is upon us, and we couldn't be more excited; the holidays are for treats, and we love treats! Thanksgiving being up first, we wanted to think up a recipe for you that you could serve up at your Thanksgiving meal along with a box of chocolates and maybe a Busken pumpkin pie. That's how we came up with this recipe: Caramel Apple Crisp!
Pies are great, but sometimes you want to bring something different to the table. For your Thanksgiving dessert, wow your loved ones with a rich, buttery Caramel Apple Crisp, complete with a scoop of our Cinnamon or French Vanilla ice cream.
Slightly tart apples mix with our delicious caramel sauce for mouthwatering contrast, and the crisp tops the whole thing off with crunchy, buttery, nutty goodness. Your Thanksgiving table will not have seen a treat like this before!
Aglamesis Bro's Caramel Apple Crisp
For the filling:
4 Granny Smith apples
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Aglamesis Bro's Caramel Sauce (room temperature)
For the topping:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup and 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Aglamesis Bro's Cinnamon or French Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Peel and core the apples, then chop into small (about 1") pieces .
- In a large bowl, mix together the apples, cinnamon, sugar, and flour to coat all the apple pieces.
- Add the caramel sauce to the apple mixture and combine well, then pour the mixture into the prepared 9" x 13" pan.
- Make the topping: In another bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, oats, and macadamia notes, breaking up any lumps. Pour in the melted butter and mix well until mixture becomes moist and crumbly.
- Squeeze small handfuls of the mixture together and scatter over the filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the topping begins to brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Top with a scoop of Aglamesis Bro's Cinnamon or French Vanilla ice cream.